The Playground...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Playground...

Come and play with us?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog inGallery

Axl Rose Part 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gunsandroseschick
Lords & Ladies
Lords & Ladies
gunsandroseschick

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-12-14

Axl Rose Part 4 Empty
PostSubject: Axl Rose Part 4   Axl Rose Part 4 Icon_minitime16/01/07, 09:08 am

First read what Axl has to say about Kurt and Nirvana in Musician June '92. Then read what America's favorite Shotgun-alterna-martyr has to say about Axl and you'll know why Axl now hates him.

10-96 Guitar World
GW: Maybe this would be a good time to address some of the rumors that have
plagued you. When Nevermind hit, there were reports that you were a
narcoleptic.
Cobain: No, no...that was just a story I made up to explain why I slept so
much. I used to find myself sleeping a lot before shows. A lot of times the
backstage area is such a gross scene, I don't want to talk to anybody. So I
just fall asleep. There are so many people that we know now, so many friends
and stuff that I can't ask them to leave. I don't want to act like Axl Rose
and have my own bus or my own back room area.
GW: Speaking of Axl, what is the story behind your altercation with him
backstage at the 1992 MTV Music Awards?
Cobain: Well, apparently Axl was in a really bad mood. Something set him
off, probably just minutes before our encounter with him. We were in the
food tent and I was holding my daughter, Frances, and he came strutting by
with five of his huge bodyguards and a person with a video camera. Courtney
jokingly screamed out at him "Axl, will you be the godfather of out child?"
Everyone laughed. We had a few friends around us, and he just stopped dead
in his tracks and started screaming all these abusive words at us. He told
me to shut my bitch up, so I looked at Courtney and said "Shut up, bitch,
heh!" Everyone started howling with laughter and Axl just kind of
blushed and
went away. Afterward, we heard that Duff [Mckagan, GNR bassist] wanted to
beat Chris up.
Later on, it says:
Cobain:........But other than that, I've never thought of the Guns N'
Roses,Metallica and U2 offers as any kind of legitimate offer. They just
were never a reality to me.

Q: Didn't Axl Rose say something nasty to you at the MTV Video Music
Awards in September?
A: They actually tried to beat us up. Courtney and I were with the baby
in the eating area backstage, and Axl walked by. So Courtney yelled,
"Axl! Axl, come over here!" We just wanted to say hi to him--we think
he's a joke, but we just wanted to say something to him. So I said,
"Will you be the godfather of our child?" I don't know what had
happened before that to piss him off, but he took his aggressions
out on us and began screaming bloody murder.
These were his words: "You shut your bitch up, or I'm taking you down
to the pavement." [laughs] Everyone around us just burst out into tears of
laughter. She wasn't even saying anything mean, you know? So I turned
to Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch!" And everyone laughed and he left.
So I guess I did what he wanted me to do--be a man. [laughs]
Kurt told this story to the crowd at the Portland OR 9/10/92 concert, try
to get it if you can.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?
A: I can't think of a damn thing. I can't even waste my time on that band,
because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented. I used to think that
everything in the mainstrteam pop world was crap, but now that some
underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as
more of an offense. I have to look into it more: They're really
talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular
rock band on the earth right now. I can't believe it.

GUNS/Metallica Tour, 8 August 1992
James Hetfeild mocks Axl's list of items for backstage comfort. Mysteriously James catches fire in the Guns N' Roses/Metallica Tour. James catches fire heheh... Axl cuts show short because of sound problems (no doubt from Metallica's screw up). Metallica fans create a riot, destroying a cool $1,000,000 in property. Supposedly Axl verbally attacked Metallica at a San Francisco concert in 1992. For more info on Metallica, check out their homepage in Axl's Links. Don't fuck with the bad side.

Axl's Ladies:
Michelle Young. Yes, THE Michelle. The song says it all!
Gina Siler, 1985. One of Axl's xxx's from the early days back in Indiana. She claims she supported Rose before he made it big and that he proposed to her on several occasions. Apparently she joined him on his journey to L.A. In 1987 all he asked h er was if she wanted an autograph. Now THAT I believe.
Erin Everly: Married to Axl on Saturday 28 April 1989. "Erin and I treated each other like shit. Sometimes we treated each other great, because the children in us were best friends. But then there wer e other times when we just fucked up each other's lives completely."
Stephanie Seymour, 1991-2: The beautiful Victoria's Secrects model (face of an angel, love of a witch). I have read that he would have married her if it wasn't for the young age of her son Dylan. Too bad she was a cheating whore. Not only was she reported to have cheated on Axl with Warren Beatty of all people, but I heard she also threw a big coke party in Axl's mansion with Dylan present. Axl loved Dylan and this upset him greatly. He told her to get the fuck out and had a restraining order pu t on her because she was a psycho hose beast. After he had the restraining order put on her, she sued him.
Liza Minnelli: Axl has reportedly partied with this woman on several occasions. Rock In Rio and the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, to name a few. I'm not sure how much validity there is to these rumors.
Jennifer Driver: Guess Jeans model. I don't think she's suing Axl yet. She is the girl in the Since I Don't Have You video. Not a bad looker! Here's what these two morons have to say on the issue... This page sucks, but hey, it's info on Axl (which may or may not be true...)!!
RELATED INTERVIEW: Interview Magazine
RELATED ARTICLE: People Weekly July 18, 1994

Axl vs. the Law:
This is Axl's mug shot from the most infamous of all arrests, the St. Louis riot. He is listed as being 5'10" 170lbs brown hair and blue eyes. Date of birth 2-6-62. Download a larger version is Axl's Pics. Look at that shot! He's a pro!
"...we were headed to a Roxy show and got pulled over by four cops. They picked a bag off the street; said we threw it out the window and there were drugs in it. There were no drugs in it. And they were just trying to hassle us, saying our advance mone y in our pockets was drug money. They searched everything, pushed us around, and we were late for the show."

Back in Indiana, Axl is arrested over 20 times. He served as his own lawyer. Only on 5 occasions did he admit his guilt (usually for public consumption). The other times he was innocent.
Motely Crue Tour- Axl is arrested at the L.A. Cathouse for leaping into the crowd and fighting with a security guard who was hassling one of the band's friends.
Summer 1987- Axl is arrested in Atlanta for assaulting another security guard.
December 1987- Axl is arrested, carried off stage even, at Perkins Palace in Pasedena for asssualting a security guard (because the guard was hassling one of Axl's friends!).
Aerosmith TourSummer 1988, Axl gets thrown in jail for punching a Chicago businessman for calling him a Bon Jovi look alike. Well, wouldn't you!?
Aerosmith Tour 4 August 1988, Axl gets thrown in jail for wacking a parking lot attendant in Philadelphia for telling his brother, Stewart, to fuck off. GN'R's manager, Doug Goldstein got Axl out and to the show with just minutes to spare.
Use Your Illusion Sessions 30 October 1990, Axl's neighbor, Gabriella Kantor age 37, claimed Axl clubbed her with a wine bottle on the head, she went to a hospital but was released after 2 hours in "good condition". According to the Sheriffs investig ators the argument began over loud music Rose alledgedly had been playing. He further said "It's really weird, she cranks my music all the time". Axl got arrested and spent 4 hours in jail before posting bail. (5000) The D.A didn't prosecute Axl citing "lack of evidence", after reviewing the evidence the D.A said "it doesn't appear (Rose) struck her with a wine bottle". I heard it was this day that Axl learned of his wife's (Erin) miscarriage and was therefore under a great deal of stress. I believe she also claimed he threatened her with a chicken bone. Oooo, scary.
Summer 1991, warrant issued for Axl's arrest for four counts misdemeanor assault and one count property damage (inciting riot) at the St. Louis Riverport's Performing Arts Center. He was later arrested on 17 July 1992 at John F. Kennedy Internation Ai rport by U.S. Customs officials after returning from the European leg of the tour. A trial is set for October where he gets fined $50,000. More info in Axl's Suits below and Axl's Battle Of The Bands above.
Axl's Suits:
Axl's Early XXX. One of Axl's early girlfriends claimed Axl raped her. "Rape charge? What rape charge? The charges were DROPPED eventually, but for a while we had to go into hiding. We had undercover cops and the vice squad looking for us. They we re talking a mandatory five years. It kind of settled my hormones for a while."
Vicki Hamilton. Sued GN'R for a million bucks. Claims she invested $10,000 in the band and wanted a free ticket on Guns' gravy train.
Steven. Steven sues GN'R for getting him addicted to Mr. Brownstone. Aw child, ain't it a pity... Somehow he wins $2.5 MILLION in September 1993, which he uses to buy more DRUGS.
Stephanie. She brought a domestic violence suit against Axl after he dumped her even though she herself claimed they never fought!! Better yet, she says she LIKES it!! Just watch MFV Part II: November Rain. She then subpoenaed Erin Everly w ho also decides to bring suit against Axl. This is the latest info I have read on the Steph suit:
Gilby. Ongoing suit with GN'R for "misappropriation of his name, likeness, photograph, voice, and performance". More info on the link to Gilby's page in Axl's Links.
St. Louis Riverport's Performing Arts Center. They sue Axl for assault and inciting a riot. A warrant was issued for his arrest, even though the contract stated they only had to play for 90 minutes, which they did, and exempted them from any respons ibility for damages if alcohol was sold at the venue, which it was. Axl was fined $50,000 and put on probation for two years. Ellis Gregory was the judge, when I find his address I'll be sure to post it.
Metallica Fans. GN'R sued by 57,000 Metallica fans a the GN'R/Metallica concert in Montreal, Canada. They were the ones that rioted, so how could they sue GN'R!? More info on the Metallica page in Axl's Links.

Guest Appearance by Axl:
* "Dead, Jail, Or Rock N' Roll" with Michael Monroe (the album is "Not Fakin' It", but if I remember correctly, Axl only sings on the video)
*"I Will Not Go Quietly" on Don Henley's album "The End Of The Innocence" & "Actual Miles: Don Henley's Greatest Hits"
*"Under My Wheels" with Alice Cooper, Slash & Izzy on the album "The Decline Of Western Civilization Part 2, The Metal Years Soundtrack"
*"Dead Flowers" on Gilby Clarke's album "Pawnshop Guitars"
*"I Did You No Wrong" with Steve Jones (hasn't been released as far as I know)
*"Free Fallin'" with Tom Petty (AMA's, 89)
*"Come Together" with Bruce Springteen (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Awards)
*"Salt of the Earth" with The Rolling Stones & Izzy
*"Welcome To The Jungle" - Ice-T has apparently done a remake that features Axl's voice, but no one I know has been albe to find this yet, so I don't think it's been released...)
*Axl will also be appearing on the CD of West Arkeen's new band, The Outpatience. The CD will be called "Anxious Disease".
Axl the Actor:
Axl's wanted to get into acting for quite some time. The set of the "Don't Cry" video was the first movie set he'd ever been on. Axl will be appearing in director Vince Offer's upcoming film ""The Underground Comedy Movie", which also stars Anna Nicole Smith, along with others who's names I forget!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gunsandroseschick

Axl Rose Part 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Playground... :: Music! :: Artists/Bands-
Jump to: